surface

Microsoft

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

July 2016 BabyGuyBox, Baby Box

I have ordered a few of The Baby Guy Box boxes in the last year. I have not ordered in a few months but I did get one as a baby gift from my aunt for our newest baby born June 29th. I am super happy with the items in this box. New curated boxes are available monthly https://www.babyguybox.com/ Follow their facebook page for updates https://www.facebook.com/babyguybox/?fref=ts

Edit

I forgot to mention that this month's box sponsor is Crane Humidifiers. Three random box buyers will win a Crane smartDROP humidifier!



The box cost $39.99 which included shipping.

I am going to start with the Ubbi changing mat. I used it as the background for the other product pictures. This changing pad comes in beautiful colors mine is a bright turquoise blue. The mat is a great size and thickness. I would say it is similar to a thin yoga mat. It is squishy and comfortable for the baby without being too thick to fold easily. It is phthalate free and easy to clean with just a wipe. It folds to one sixth of it's full size, making it perfect to fit in any diaper bag or reasonable purse. It folds quite flat so it would also fit nicely in the back of seat pocket in the car.
 As you can see the folded size is slightly larger than my outstretched hand. I have not measured the mat but compared to my hand I'm going to estimate the folded size to be 8 x 6 inches.
This mat retails for $9.99 and is available here - https://www.bluum.com/changing-mat.html

Like many women I love shoes. But I am able to pass up buying new shoes because I won't wear them enough, they cost too much or my children will just steal them and lose them around the house, in separate locations of course. What I have trouble passing up is a good water bottle. We drink a lot of water and carry it with us everywhere. When we go to King's Island or the Columbus Zoo we buy one refillable cup for our family. The kids like the lemonade and my husband like soda with his meals. I bring my own water bottle for refilling. Walking around in the heat chasing kids I do not need any sugary, carbonated, dehydrating drinks. Especially as often as I am either pregnant or nursing I need as much water as I can get.

The bottle included in the baby box this month is the Surf bottle from EcoVessel. I love it! Surf is a 22 oz glass bottle which can be purchased with either a wide mouth loop top or a flip straw top. The one in the box came with the wide mouth loop top. Personally I prefer to drink from a smaller spout so I won't spill while driving or when the kids are jumping around etc. Also the kids make less of a mess with a smaller opening. I have also noticed that when using a straw bottle/cup I tend to drink more water. I think it is because I can continue to do other things while drinking. Anyway I will be ordering the flip straw top for my bottle so I can love it more. 

 It is super easy to carry with wide mouth loop top a few fingers fit easily in the loop or you can hook a carabiner on there and attach to your stroller. This bottle will also fit in most cup holders. It is a glass bottle with an attractive silicone sleeve. The bottom of the sleeve is thick, they call it a "Drop Shield protective base."
The Surf bottle with loop top retails for $19.95 and is available here - http://www.ecovessel.com/surf-recycled-glass-water-bottle-with-wide-mouth-loop-top-22-oz/
As I mentioned I will be ordering the replacement top for mine which retails for $6.95 - http://www.ecovessel.com/surf-flip-straw-top-with-silicone-straw/

Dapple Naturally Clean Nursery Spray is the next item. I am really enjoying it as well. I am not the biggest fan of the smell of this spray, although labeled Sweet Lemon it also uses grapefruit essential oil. But the smell is not strong and dissipates quickly! With four children there are plenty of surfaces in this home that need deodorized and purified. This spray does the job simply and quickly, which is always a plus.
It is listed on this page as being 24 oz my bottle is 16.9 and the bottle pictured says 16.9 So if you order it I would expect 16.9 oz. Don't be dissappointed though because it goes a long way.

Happy Baby organic rice cakes carrot flavor. My 6 year old is in a phase of not thinking she will like anything new. So of course she looked at these and said "No thanks." I told her she had to try them before I would get her anything else. She reluctantly did and piped up with an enthusiastic "Yum!" I was pretty happy with that reaction, though not surprised. Happy Baby makes some great products and my kids all love carrots. If you are looking for healthier alternative to chips I think this is a good one.




The Sun Bug by Luv Bug wearable sun protection. This is a moisture-wicking blanket with built in hood. This can also be used as a child's beach towel it is 29.5 x 39 inches. I have not yet used it while out and about but I know that I will love it when we do. It is UPF 50+ making it great protection especially for our youngest who is too young for sunscreen lotions. Ours came in this beautiful turquoise blues that is an almost perfect match for the changing mat we received. 

Although I have not used it out in the sun yet I have used it around the house. Our sweet baby does not like to sleep unless she is being snuggled or she is swaddled aka a baby burrito. One day recently all my receiving blankets were either in the wash or had just been dirtied. I grabbed this and swaddled her with it. Although it is a little large for swaddling a newborn it is lightweight and breathable so she was comfortable in it. I used the little hood on her head to keep it from getting too cold when I turned on the air conditioner in the bedroom. This has the perfect amount of stretch to keep her comfortable while keeping her from kicking it off when she does wake up.   
This retails for $29.99 and is available in 6 colors here - https://www.luvbugcompany.com/collections/sun-protection-blanket

I am ending with this product because it is the only product that I will not be using. The TipMeNot is made to help your baby learn to hold a bottle. It is made of high quality FDA approved silicone. Silicone is great for teething babies, I have read that when finished with the bottle some babies play with and chew on the leaves of the TipMeNot.
This retails for $15.99 and is available here, on sale at the time of this post for $13.49- http://tipmenot.com/individuals/

or on Amazon where there are, at this time, 39 reviews and 9 answered questions. - https://www.amazon.com/TipMeNot-Learning-Teether-Propping-Pacifier/dp/B011WMMX4K

Based on the prices I found for these products the value of this box was $85.90
With a box price of $39.99 the value gained by buying the box is $45.91
I think that is a pretty good deal.

I did not receive any compensation for this post nor do I get anything from the links I posted. I just included where I happened to find the products when I searched for them.

1 comment: