surface

Microsoft

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Triscuit Pork Chops with spiced rice

  Ever wonder if there is anything you can do with stale crackers? There is! I was preparing to make pork chops one day and didn't want the same old flour breaded chops. So I took a look around my cabinets. The only thing I found that I thought would be remotely good were some Four Cheese Triscuits that had gone stale. This does not often happen in this house, this box had been pushed to the back of the cabinet, because we love our crackers and dip here. A few of those recipes will be coming.

  Since they had started going stale I decided to try one chop first and if it was good proceed with the others. It was amazing! I recently decided to make these again and took pictures so I could share. This time I used Garlic Triscuits and they were not stale, so it works either way, if you are just bored of the same old chops and don't have stale crackers don't worry. 



Rice recipe at the bottom. If you plan to serve this with the rice start the rice first!!!

For the pork chops the first thing you want to do is crush the crackers to the desired consistency. 


I like to have a few larger pieces for an extra crunch, but most of it crumb sized.



 About now I would start the oil heating so it is nice and hot when you are ready to cook. I personally like to use EVOO or Coconut Oil. I started with three thick cut chops


I like to flour my meat let it sit for a few minutes to dry and then dip and coat in crushed Triscuits.


Mix a little salt and pepper in the flour.


Take about 3 eggs and beat them till well mixed.


Dip the chop in the egg wash.


Be sure to turn over a few times so it is fully covered.


Coat the pork chop in flour

I like to use my fingers to press the flour onto the sides so they are nicely coated also.


We had two for our dinner and the hubby took one for his lunch at work so you will only see two being cooked here. After coating in flour let sit for a few minutes to allow it to dry a little.


After resting re-dip in the egg wash, some of the flour with come off don't worry. Just fully coat the chop in the egg again and don't let it sit and wash off all the flour.


Next coat in crushed Triscuits


This may make a bit of a mess. I recommend using a dinner size plate. I used a small plate here.


I think this looks tasty already!
When you are ready test your oil by dropping in a piece of the breading now stuck to your fingers. It if bubbles around it immediately it is hot and ready.
Gently place in your pork chops.


They are ready to turn when you notice the golden color on the sides. In the picture above you can see that the sides are darker than the top.


After a few minutes on the second side you will have delicious Triscuit crusted pork chops. They are typically done when you check the color and it is the nice golden color of the top. You can also use a meat thermometer to make sure it has reached a minimum of 145 degrees fahrenheit. Or you can always cut into the thickest one and manually check the inside color.


Spiced Rice
I use a rice cooker and follow the directions for rice to water ratios. I always add a little salt to bring out the nuttiness of the rice. For the rice pictured I used my home mixed seasoned salt. I do not currently have the exact measurements for that but will be mixing up some more this weekend. If you can not eyeball or sniff to figure out the right amount to use to get your desired flavor I recommend using your favorite seasoned salt or salt free seasoning. 
To make a small batch I use approximately 

2Tb paprika
1 Tb chili powder
2 ts onion powder
2 ts garlic powder
1 ts cumin
1/2 ts turmeric if you have it
1/2 ts parsley
1/2 ts salt
1/4 ts black pepper

I use about a Tb of this in the rice


I served this dish with some (non-crushed) garlic Triscuits and a cream cheese dip, recipe coming soon, as I said we really like our crackers and dip in this house.


I have not been paid in any way by Triscuit or any affiliates to make or share this recipe with their crackers. I just happen to like them and the great flavors they come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment